Travel Deals · Last updated:
Everyone’s got that one buddy who is always jet-setting, globe-trotting, seafaring, and traversing the world. And just like everybody else, this nomadic friend deserves one or two Christmas gifts this season. But with so many options available on the market today, how do you pick the best Christmas gifts for a friend who travels very often? Fortunately, we at Trekffect have scoured the internet, and asked suggestions from seasoned travelers, just to give you a list of the best and most useful Christmas gifts you can give to a travel junkie.
10. Hobo KnifeHandy for camping and picnics, the Hobo Knife is a rather versatile tool that packs a spoon, fork and a sharp knife into a sturdy stainless package that comes with a sleek nylon case.
9. TravelRest Travel PillowSure, most travel junkies already own a couple of travel pillows, but the TravelRest Travel Pillow is no ordinary pillow. TravelRest Travel Pillow easily inflates, and will stay in place during the whole trip. Plus, it supports the entire body, and can be rolled up effortlessly when not in use.
8. BlenderBottle Classic LoopYou traveler will never have to pay for costly water bottles, with the BlenderBottle Classic Loop.
7. myCharge Peak 6000When there is no power outlet in sight, the dynamic rechargeable battery pack known as myCharge Peak 6000 has enough juice to recharge tablets, iPads and smartphones.
6. BooksAs simple and old-fashioned as they look, books do make excellent Christmas gifts for travelers. From travel guides (such as Henry Stedman’s Kilimanjaro) to classic novels like The Great Gatsby, travel junkies need a whole lot of reading to help kill boredom during long haul flights, road trips and train rides.Speaking of books, you might want to give your traveler a copy of the Better Than Fiction: True Travel Tales. Compiled by the famous travel site Lonely Planet, this book is a fantastic collection of travel tales from talented novelists that include Joyce Carol Oates, Peter Matthiessen and Isabel Allende.
5. Grid-It organizerWith the Grid-It organizer, travelers can keep their chargers, iPods, digital cameras, flash drives, and phones in one place.
4. Spacepak clothing bagThanks to Spacepak’s two compartments, travelers can separate clean clothes from dirty laundry in one bag. In my book, it is one of the best Christmas gifts to give for those who are fond of backpacking and adventure travel.
3. Muji Folding SpeakersIs your traveler a music lover? One of the best and most thoughtful Christmas gifts to give to your buddy is the Muji Folding Speakers. They are portable and can fill a guest bedroom, campsite or hotel room with the melodic sounds of an MP3 player, iPad or smartphone.
2. A state-of-the-art gizmoSmartphones and tablets are fast becoming a travel junkie’s best friend, and for a number of good reasons. From travel planning to language translation, these terrific Christmas gifts have all the guides and tools that travelers would need for their escapades. What’s more, it can help them find and book cheap flights, as well as use free apps that will let them communicate with their loved ones back home. As a bonus, these gadgets can be fitted with photo apps, E-book readers and music players, giving your traveler the ultimate entertainment tool during his or her trips.To make your Christmastide present even more special, make sure to install these great travel apps to the gadget of your choice:
- 4Google Map
- 5TripAdvisor Offline City Guides
1. An all-inclusive tripAs far as I’m concerned, the best present you can give to your traveler this Xmas is an all-inclusive trip to a destination that he or she has never been to. Whether it is abroad or local, a trip to a new destination would surely induce a big dosage of excitement to your traveler this holiday season.To craft a perfect all-inclusive trip for your wayfaring friend, don’t forget to plan it with Trekeffect!
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel EssentialsGet all of your essential travel gear right from our store. We hand pick the best travel products. Get everything from luggage to camping gear and other travel accessories for your trip.
Book your flightFind cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodationsIf you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Trekeffect. Our hotel booking system is powered by the Priceline Partner Network and we donate 10% of the hotel booking value to UNICEF to help starving children around the world.
Don't forget travel insuranceProtects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them. - World Nomads (for everyone below 70) - Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Looking for the best companies to save money with?Check out our resource page for the absolute best companies to use when you travel! We list our favorite companies that save people the most money when they travel and we think it will help you too! Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.
Share Your Travel Experiences With Us
We want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on the article? What did you find most interesting and do you have any of your own experiences you can you share with us to make this article even better? Let us know in the comments!