Last year was another momentous year for millions of avid football fans around the world because of the 20th World Cup that happened in Brazil. Indeed, it was a celebration of victory not just for the German champions, but for everyone who eats and breathes football. One great thing about this beautiful game is the immense opportunity to travel. If you’re a fanatic, then you’d probably know the all the possible reason why. Football is a global sport played by many different countries all over the world: from the European regions where it originated to across South America, Asia and Africa. Even though 2014 has been a great year for the world football, this year would also be an exciting one because of several important international football tournaments that will happen this year. And this means an opportunity to witness this beautiful game, and also a chance to explore these beautiful places. So, mark your calendars because here are 10 important football tournaments with their corresponding venue that will happen in 2015.
10. FIFA Women’s World Cup in CanadaLast year, we were treated with the thrilling men’s World Cup. This 2015, it’s the women’s turn to showcase their skills. The FIFA Women’s world cup, which will be hosted in Canada, feature 24 countries that will contest for the title of world champions in women’s division. Matches will be played within these 6 cities: Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Moncton and Vancouver where the finals will take place. → Click here to book your stay in Toronto, Canada!
9. UEFA Champions League Finals in Berlin, GermanyThis season of UCL is very exciting and an unpredictable one. Seriously, it’s hard to predict on which teams are going to reach the finals. However, we have giant teams like Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Real Madrid (last year’s champions) that vie for this season’s UCL Championship title. I personally hope that at least one of the Bundesliga teams would reach the finals, especially that the finals will be held in the biggest football stadium in Berlin. → Click here to book your stay in Berlin, Germany!
8. La Liga’s El Clasico in SpainWithout a doubt, the Spanish Football League is one, if not the most prominent football leagues in the world of football. I am a Bundesliga fan, and I hate to say this, but it is just hard to miss the El Clasico, a match played by these two giant teams: Real Madrid that is led by Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona that is led by Lionel Messi. El Clasico is either played in Barcelona’s Camp Nou or Real Madrid’s Bernabéu. → Click here to book your stay in Madrid, Spain!
7. Asian Football Confederation Cup in AustraliaIt will be an exciting year for Asia this 2015 because of the quadrennial AFC Asian Cup. Sixteen countries around Asia who qualified, including the host country Australia, are going to battle out for the title best of the best in Asia. The teams of Japan, South Korea and Australia are the three big contenders to win the tournament. The finals will be held in the wonderful city of Sydney. → Click here to book your stay in Sydney, Australia!
6. African Cup of Nations in Equatorial GuineaPerhaps, one of the most fantastic football fan bases comes from the African continent. Yes! Football is the most valued sport in every corner of African region, and 2015 is going to be an exciting year all because of the African Cup of Nations. This tournament happens every two years, and this is a competition on whose superior among all African nations. It will be held in the alluring country of Equatorial Guinea where most people speaks Spanish, French and little bit of Portuguese.
5. FIFA Club World Cup in JapanFIFA Club World Cup is an annual competition between the champion clubs of the six continental confederations, including the champion of the national league of the host country. Japan has been chosen to host this annual event. If you’re a traveler and a football fanatic as well, it will be an amazing opportunity to see some of your favorite teams and explore the rich Japanese culture all in one trip. → Click here to book your stay in Tokyo, Japan!
4. FIFA U-17 World Cup in ChileChile may look like a beef strip country in the maps of South America, but it’s certainly not the case. This country is nature in a colossal scale. It is home of the best hiking spots, clear blue lakes and amazing footballers like Claudio Bravo of Barcelona, Arturo Vidal of Juventus and Alexis Sanchez of Arsenal. And this year, Chile will host the FIFA U-17 World Cup where aspiring footballers around the world are going to compete for the prestigious title. → Click here to book your stay in Santiago, Chile!
3. FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup in PortugalThe difference between regular football and beach soccer is the field where the game is played. As the name implies, beach soccer is played in a beach, on the sands and under the heat of the sun. However, the rules are almost the same with regular football. FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup will be held in Portugal: the birthplace of the most coveted football player of today, Cristiano Ronaldo. → Click here to book your stay in Porto, Portugal!
2. Post-World Cup and Pre-Olympic Events in BrazilThe 2014 World Cup may be over, but Brazil isn’t short of exciting events for football. Brazilians eat and breathe football; the streets will have kids playing football, football viewing parties will still be there. Brazilian’s love and respect for this beautiful game is so immense that you can almost feel it when you travel here. As of the moment, the country is now preparing for the upcoming Summer Olympics in 2016 where football will be one of the main highlight events. → Click here to book your stay in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!
1. English Premier League in EnglandIf you’re a certified football fanatic, then you should know England will always be part of the countries to be visited. After all, this is the place where it all started; the birthplace of football. Despite the criticism the EPL is receiving nowadays, it remains to be one of the most exciting and fun national football leagues to watch. If you’re a certified football fanatic, then you should know England will always be part of the countries to be visited. After all, this is the place where it all started; the birthplace of football. Despite the criticism the EPL is receiving nowadays, it remains to be one of the most exciting and fun national football leagues to watch. → Click here to book your stay in London, United Kingdom!
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel EssentialsGet all of your essential travel gear right from our store. We hand pick the best travel products. Get everything from luggage to camping gear and other travel accessories for your trip.
Book your flightFind cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodationsIf you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Trekeffect. Our hotel booking system is powered by the Priceline Partner Network and we donate 10% of the hotel booking value to UNICEF to help starving children around the world.
Don't forget travel insuranceProtects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them. - World Nomads (for everyone below 70) - Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Looking for the best companies to save money with?Check out our resource page for the absolute best companies to use when you travel! We list our favorite companies that save people the most money when they travel and we think it will help you too! Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.
Share Your Travel Experiences With Us
We want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on the article? What did you find most interesting and do you have any of your own experiences you can you share with us to make this article even better? Let us know in the comments!