Tall buildings, big shopping centers, restaurant lanes and whatnot make up a typical metropolis. Toronto, the biggest city in Canada, isn’t just a run-of-the-mill city; it is far better than that. Visitors here tend to come back every now and then mainly because of the ingenuity of the place. To truly get the most out of visiting Toronto, here are 12 of the things you should not miss during your trip in this wonderful city.
12. Edge Walk on the CN TowerPerhaps, one of the very popular attractions not just in Toronto, but in Canada is the largest free-standing structure in the western hemisphere, CN Tower. This skyscraper is the signature icon of Toronto skyline, which has a glass floor located on the main pod where anyone can look down under. → Click here to book your stay in Toronto!
11. Shop at Toronto Eaton CentreToronto’s biggest shopping centre is also one of the city’s top tourist attractions. This mall can be “heaven” for shopping lovers especially when you have around 230 high-end stores to choose from. Though it is not a must for you to buy something, just to have a personal encounter with the exquisite architectural design of this building can be a great interest. → Click here to book your stay in Toronto!
10. Get wild at Yonge StreetOnce listed as the “longest street in the world” by the Guinness Book of World Records, Yonge Street is an epitome of the street that never sleeps. If you think a 1,896-meter walk is quite a long boring endeavor, you are absolutely wrong! The list of exciting things to see along Yonge Street is endless. From theaters with Broadway-ish shows, live street performances, top of the class restaurants, and high-end clubs; name it, they have it! This is a very busy street, but even if you hate crowds of people, you might actually like what you’ll discover in Yonge Street. → Click here to book your stay in Toronto!
9. Party at Dundas SquareIf Manhattan has Times Square, Toronto has its own version called Dundas Square. It is the newest and one of the coolest squares in the downtown core of the city. This is an excellent venue for concerts and events. The two rows of water fountains are the most interesting things in the square which are controlled by computer. These fantastic water fountains can dance and can generate special lightings at night. → Click here to book your stay in Toronto!
8. Walk down memory lane at Casa LomYou simply just can’t leave Toronto without visiting his piece of Gothic revival architecture. Casa Loma was once a residence of the very famous entrepreneur Sir Henry Mill Pellatt until they were forced to move out. Walk through the tunnel-like of Toronto’s humble beginnings, meander in the lovely garden terrace, enjoy the stunning view of the interior or have a delightful meal at the in-house restaurant. → Click here to book your stay in Toronto!
7. Visit museumsOne of the basic things to do when visiting a new place, and perhaps an obligatory one, is to visit at least one museum. This is one way to get to know more about the place. Well, Toronto doesn’t only one or few museums, but many.
Best museums to visit in Toronto
- 1Royal Ontario Museum
- 2Gardiner Museum
- 3Art Gallery of Ontario
- 4Bata Shoe Museum
- 5Aga Khan Museum
6. Check out the city’s music sceneToronto has an incredibly rich and diverse music scene. And while the city has produced some big music stars, it’s the indie music that’s alive and making fuss around the city. On any given night of the week, you can find yourself be entertained about everything, from jazz to bluegrass to eastern European to Latin music in some of the most iconic music halls in the city.
Best places to listen to music in Toronto→ Click here to book your stay in Toronto!
5. Nature tripping at Toronto IslandsDead tired from the crowd along Yonge Street during your trip in Toronto? Why don’t you hop on a ferry and cruise your way to the beautiful Toronto Islands. Everyone likes this place. Little kids love the rides area while adults enjoys being on the beach. To really see the beauty of this island, rent a bike and wander around the largest car-free urban community in North America. → Click here to book your stay in Toronto!
4. Take a snapshot of Toronto skylineIf you are in Toronto Islands, never miss the chance to take a snapshot of the iconic Toronto skyline. → Click here to book your stay in Toronto!
3. Hit the beachOh, yeah! We all love the beach. And if there’s every opportunity to be on the beach, seize the moment and take the plunge. But what if the beach simply requires clothing is optional? LOL. There’s a beach in Toronto Islands where you can skinny dipping with or without your swimsuits. → Click here to book your stay in Toronto!
2. Taste the city’s craft beerPeople of Toronto simply love beers and the city’s craft beer is a big scene in the market. There are plenty of bars that offer a lengthy selection of awesome-tasting Canadian craft beers on tap. But if you are eager to learn how to make on, head on to the Beer Academy and get schooled by the craft beer masters.
Best places to drink craft beer in Toronto
1. Eat your way through the city→ Click here to book your stay in Toronto!
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel EssentialsGet all of your essential travel gear right from our store. We hand pick the best travel products. Get everything from luggage to camping gear and other travel accessories for your trip.
Book your flightFind cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodationsIf you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Trekeffect. Our hotel booking system is powered by the Priceline Partner Network and we donate 10% of the hotel booking value to UNICEF to help starving children around the world.
Don't forget travel insuranceProtects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them. - World Nomads (for everyone below 70) - Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Looking for the best companies to save money with?Check out our resource page for the absolute best companies to use when you travel! We list our favorite companies that save people the most money when they travel and we think it will help you too! Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.
Share Your Travel Experiences With Us
We want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on the article? What did you find most interesting and do you have any of your own experiences you can you share with us to make this article even better? Let us know in the comments!