Cool travel gift ideas that are worth more than $150
1. GoPro Hero4The GoPro Hero4 is by far one of the best and coolest gifts you can give to anyone who loves to travel. With the GoPro Hero4, your globetrotter gets to enjoy snapping superb videos and photos with professional quality. What’s more, it is packed with awesome and sophisticated features that will make extreme photography a bit easier and more affordable.
2. Nikon Coolpix Aw120When it comes to durability, very few cameras on the market today can rival Nikon Coolpix Aw120. Not only is it waterproof, but the Nikon Coolpix Aw120 is also resistant to shocks and cold. As an added bonus, it has an electronic compass and built-in GPS that allow its owner to share photo journals on Google Maps and other web services.
3. Apple MacBook AirWant to spoil your cherished traveler? Then, reward your favorite wayfarer with the ultimate travel laptop, the Apple MacBook Air.
4. Adidas Tycane Pro OutdoorAdidas Tycane Pro Outdoor, with its durability and cushy wrap-around fit, offers premium eye protection to extreme outdoor enthusiasts and adrenaline seekers.
5. Leatherman Charge Multi-ToolWith its compact design and wide range of capabilities, it is no wonder people deem the Leatherman Charge Multi-Tool as a must-own tool for those for are fond of travel, outdoors and camping. Indeed, it is one of the top and apt gifts for people who love to travel and explore the world.
6. Garmin 62S GPSMAP NavigatorThe Garmin 62S GPSMAP Navigator is one of the best gift ideas for those who thrive on fishing, camping and hiking. Of course, it is a terrific tool for guys and gals who travel and get lost occasionally as well.
Gifts that cost $51 to $150
7. Handpresso’s Portable Espresso MachineHandpresso’s portable handheld espresso machine is truly a godsend for wayfaring coffee lovers. Trust me, this coffee machine can give your traveler a delightful cup of espresso even when he or she is in the middle of a vast wilderness. Unlike other coffee makers, this portable espresso machine is muscle-powered, meaning you won’t need any outlets or batteries to use it. In fact, you just need to add hot water and espresso to it, pump it, and you’ll get a sumptuous caffeine jolt.
8. Kindle PaperwhiteKindle Paperwhite is, without a doubt, one of the best and most affordable gifts for bookworms and travel junkies. After all, it is a revolutionary device that can store over a thousand electronic books, and function for a number of days without charging.
9. Hobo KnifeHandy for picnics and camping, the Hobo Knife is a pretty versatile travel tool that combines a sharp knife, fork and spoon into one compact stainless package.
Exceptional travel gifts that are $50 or less
10. World map wristwatchFor those who are on the lookout for cheap travel gifts, you might want to consider buying this supremely fashionable wristwatch. It costs less than $5 (excluding shipping fees), and it looks quite elegant and stylish.
11. Grid-it, one of the best and most affordable travel giftsSpeaking of affordable travel gifts, here’s another one that your traveler will surely love. With the Grid-It organizer, your adventurer gets to efficiently organize his or her small electronic gadgets and other smaller items like a lip balm. Furthermore, Grid-it helps avoid a tangle of chargers and USB cables at the luggage’s bottom of your traveler.
12. Flexion QuickSnap selfie stickIs your traveler addicted to snapping selfies? The Flexion QuickSnap is arguably the gold standard, as far as selfie sticks. It’s extremely durable, well-built, and has top-notch phone gripper. Not to mention, it has a superior Bluetooth operation that lets you pair it with your phone, allowing you to take photographs using the stick’s button in the rubberized handle.
13. Rosafolia Scented OvalThrow a Rosafolia Scented Oval in your traveler’s luggage, to treat him or her with the fresh scent of roses, instead of the awful smell of dirty laundry.
14. FitKitWith FitKit, your traveler won’t have any excuse or reason to get out of shape when traveling. Basically, FitKit is a portable piece of fitness equipment that allows its users to perform a variety of resistance exercises wherever they may be.
15. Packing cubesNot everyone likes them, but these cubes are still a travel essential for globetrotters.
16. Travelrest Travel PillowTravelrest is the only travel pillow that offers full lateral support for your traveler’s upper body, making it a lot easier for him or her to relax, get a good sleep, and even stay asleep longer. Plus, this travel pillow deflates instantly and inflates easily.
17. Lifestraw Personal Water FilterMillions of people from all four corners of the world have been using the award-winning and portable LifeStraw to filter gallons of contaminated water without chlorine, iodine and other potentially harmful chemicals. If your traveler camps out a lot, then this small and handy water filter should be on the top of your list, when choosing a perfect present for him or her. Do you have a partner, friend or relative who travels frequently? Keep them comfortable and prepared for what is ahead of them with these thoughtful gift ideas, and you’ll surely be a part of their epic escapades even if you’re not going with them.
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel EssentialsGet all of your essential travel gear right from our store. We hand pick the best travel products. Get everything from luggage to camping gear and other travel accessories for your trip.
Book your flightFind cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodationsIf you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Trekeffect. Our hotel booking system is powered by the Priceline Partner Network and we donate 10% of the hotel booking value to UNICEF to help starving children around the world.
Don't forget travel insuranceProtects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them. - World Nomads (for everyone below 70) - Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Looking for the best companies to save money with?Check out our resource page for the absolute best companies to use when you travel! We list our favorite companies that save people the most money when they travel and we think it will help you too! Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.
Share Your Travel Experiences With Us
We want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on the article? What did you find most interesting and do you have any of your own experiences you can you share with us to make this article even better? Let us know in the comments!
Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.