Each season has its pleasures, treats and delights, but let’s face it, summer is by far the ultimate time of the year to hit the road and seek your vacation bliss. Trust me, most people’s desire to travel peaks when summertime starts to roll around the corner. Of course, the perfect summer trip will depend on type of experiences you are looking for as well as the style of travel you want. To help you craft a perfect summer getaway this year, Trekeffect has rounded up the best summer destinations in 2015. From once-in-a-lifetime experiences to global celebrations and birthday bashes, these worldwide summer destinations offer you a glut of reasons to travel. What’s more, you can visit and indulge on all the lovely experiences these summer destinations have to offer, at surprisingly affordable rates.
1. Edmonton, CanadaFittingly nicknamed as “The Festival City”, Alberta’s Edmonton will be hosting a string of international events to delight all sorts of travelers this summer. Football junkies, for instance, will have a heavy dose of fun and excitement from June 6 to July 4, as this Canadian city is an official host to the 2015 FIFA World Cup for Women. Music enthusiasts, meanwhile, will have a blast and an unforgettable ear orgasm at the Edmonton Folk Music Festival on August 6. Furthermore, tons of mouthwatering foods as well as multicultural performances, crafts and artworks representing over 80 nations will be featured on August 1 to 3 at the Edmonton Heritage Festival. → Click here to book your stay in Edmonton, AB!
2. SingaporeAugust marks Singapore’s Golden jubilee, as an independent nation. And to celebrate its 50th anniversary, Singapore will transform itself into a big, prismatic and vibrant party during its jubilee weekend. From August 7 to 10, 2015, Singapore will have a surfeit of activities, exhibitions, performances and concerts. For budget-conscious travelers and backpackers, the city will also offer plenty of freebies to both its visitors and locals during its birthday, including free cable car rides and free museum admissions. → Click here to book your stay in Singapore!
3. Milan, ItalyAll roads will lead to Milan, Italy this summer, as it plays host to a highly anticipated global extravaganza – the Expo 2015. From May 1 to October 31, the city of Milan will literally become a universal exposition with over 135 participating countries, showcasing a dazzling brew of spectacular exhibits. In addition to the participants, Expo 2015 includes a horde of international organizations, and expects to welcome more than 18 million visitors from all corners of the world to its 247-acre display area. → Click here to book your stay in Milan, Italy!
4. Sri LankaOn the lookout for unique and not-so popular summer destinations? After a bloody civil war that lasted more than 25 years, Sri Lanka is finally opening some its UNESCO World Heritage Sites, plantations and scenic temples to tourists. A word of advice, make sure to visit this South Asian island country in between May and August, when the prices drop and the weather is extremely beautiful. Also, don’t forget to swing by Kalpitiya peninsula, and snap photos of its untouched natural beauty, before a billion-dollar project diminishes its wildlife and beaches. → Click here to book your stay in Colombo, Sri Lanka!
5. ChinaChina’s tourism has been on the upswing for years, thanks to its wealth in natural wonders and celebrated historic treasures, such as the Great Wall of China, the Terracotta Warriors and the Silk Road. This year, the country is expecting yet another surge in its tourism, with more flexible booking options and new routes to offer to American travelers. Hainan Airlines, China Eastern, Delta and Air China are all offering new routes. Plus, they are going to increase the service between the United States and China this year, making this fantastic Asian country one of the most sought-after summer destinations. → Click here to book your stay in Shanghai, China!
6. BermudaWith shorter flight times and a rise in direct seasonal service, Bermuda may very well be one of the best and easiest beach summer destinations for those who live in the East Coast. And unlike wintertime, when most of its activities and events are geared to tourists, the sunny season brings a ton of welcoming and friendly local events, offering a taste of the Bermudan hospitality. You can catch a handful of big and fun-filled summer events, such as LIV Bermuda, Annual Cup and Summer Splash, and the Bermuda Heroes Weekend. What’s more, Bermuda will host the Cup Match on summer, which is its equivalent to America’s Super Bowl.
7. Maui, USAMaui, for decades, has been revered as one of the world’s top summer destinations, and for a good number of reasons. Not only does it have multi-colored beaches, but it also has jaw-dropping scenery, and is dotted with swanky five-star resorts. Adrenaline-seekers can have a blow out here as well, by driving the road to Hana or hiking through the Haleakala National Park. For those who craving for a tan and a little sun, you can spend your vacation lounging on the picturesque shores of Wailea. → Click here to book your stay in Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii!
8. Victoria, AustraliaWant to escape the summer heat? Then, hit the slopes and experience an ultra cool one-of-a-kind summer get away in Victoria’s ski country. Here, outdoor adventurists can enjoy a wide variety of snow activities, such as snow-mobiling, snowboarding, skiing, tobogganing and dogsled rides.
9. FijiPlanning on visiting Fiji? There isn’t really a bad time to visit this Melanesian country, but a lot of people think summer, with its constant sunshine, to be Fiji’s best season. By the way, if you are able to hit Fiji in early July, you could be lucky enough to stay in a beautiful over-water bungalow without spending a fortune.
10. Munich, GermanyMunich, one of the most beloved summer destinations in Germany, offers a world of fabulous sights and fascinating travel experiences to its visitors. Here, you can spend your summer days lounging in laid-back beer gardens, biking through historic streets, visiting sleek art galleries, and touring striking medieval palaces. Moreover, Munich makes a great base for trips to Vienna, Prague and Zurich. → Click here to book your stay in Munich, Germany!
11. Denver, USAWith its relatively affordable dining options and airfare, Denver is definitely one of the best summer destinations in the United States for those who are on a tight budget. In addition, the city boasts a cornucopia of attractions that can make your summer vacation a joyful one, including the Denver Zoo, Coors Field, Larimer Square as well as the Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater. Nature lovers can also find their bliss at the Washington Park and Mount Evans Scenic Byway, which is a 15-mile road that lets you experience the gorgeous Rocky Mountains. → Click here to book your stay in Denver, USA!
12. Orlando, USAHome to the adorable Mickey Mouse and his cute group of friends, Orlando is truly one of the go-to summer destinations for folks who traveling with their families and kids. Aside from Disney World, there are a few other awesome family-friendly attractions in Orlando as well, including Epcot and Universal Studios. → Click here to book your stay in Orlando, Florida!
13. IcelandIceland, deemed as one of the most amazing and diverse summer destinations in Europe, has long summer days that will give plenty of time for thrilling adventure activities, such as horseback riding, kayaking and swimming. As an added bonus, it is also home to a number of uniquely wonderful wonders, such as the world-renowned Blue Lagoon. → Click here to book your stay in Reykjavik, Iceland!
14. BarbadosLonging for a tropical vacation? Full of eye-catching golf courses and heavenly beaches, Barbados should be on top of your list, if you prefer to spend your vacation on Caribbean summer destinations. Not only is it paradisaical, but it has an eclectic and delectable local cuisine as well. Also, did we mention that it has a cluster of ritzy all-inclusive resorts like Sandals? → Click here to book your stay in Bridgetown, Barbados!
15. Montreal, CanadaMontreal is, for most Americans, one of the most beautiful summer destinations in Canada. It, after all, offers American travelers a taste of the wondrous European culture without the long transatlantic flight. World-class eateries, a pulsating nightlife circuit, shopping venues and historic sites will keep you hooked and busy for days in this Canadian apple. → Click here to book your stay in Montreal, Canada!
16. Cusco, PeruCusco is worth visiting any time of the year, but summer’s favorable 60-degree temperatures make it an ideal hub for adventurous pursuits like trekking to Machu Picchu. Just keep in mind, though, flocks of tourists come to Cusco to take a close look of its famed Inca ruins and dazzling temples on summer, so make sure to plan your trip as early as possible. → Click here to book your stay in Cusco, Peru!
17. Pilsen, Czech RepublicPilsen, as this year’s European Capital of Culture, will hold a galore of concerts, art exhibits and festivals throughout summertime, making it one of the world’s best summer destinations in 2015. → Click here to book your stay in Prague, Czech Republic!
18. Paris, FranceParis has a plethora of new and improved delights to offer to tourist this summertime. To make things even more wonderful, the sun won’t set until late in June, so you will have more time for exploration. If you are planning on making Paris as one of your summer destinations, don’t forget to check out the Fondation Louis Vuitton and the Foundation Jerome Seydoux-Pathe. → Click here to book your stay in Paris, France!
19. Newfoundland, CanadaBlessed with a wealth of wildlife and gorgeous landscapes, Newfoundland is certainly one of the best summer destinations in 2015. Visit this beautiful island between June and August, to get up close and personal with majestic whales from a boat tour, seaside trail or kayak.
20. Chicago, USANo list of the best and must-visit summer destinations in 2015 is complete without the inclusion of the “Windy City”. Whether you’re a foodie, history buff or a lover of splendid architectures, there is something special in store for you in Chicago on summer. Furthermore, the city will be hosting quite a few interesting events, such as the Lollapalooza Music Festival in August. → Click here to book your stay in Chicago, USA!
21. San Francisco, USAWhile San Francisco has a year-round appeal, this romantic city really dazzles in summer. Throngs of people cluster around the city’s top attractions and sites, but most tourists are just satisfied with the warm and friendly weather. As far as festivals and events, you will have an endless array of options in San Francisco on summer. → Click here to book your stay in Chicago, USA!
22. Pennsylvania, USAThere won’t be a shortage of diversions, celebrations and fun-filled activities on summer in Pennsylvania. In June, the city of Philadelphia will be welcoming the Tall Ships Philadelphia Camden, a week full of festivities to celebrate the Independence Day. Likewise, the city in early July will be honoring the 50th jubilee of gay rights. Bucks County, which is near Philadelphia, will hold a few convivial summer festivals too, including the Art of the Barn Tour and Show, the Fonthill Castle Beer Fest, and the Bluegrass and Blueberries Festival. → Click here to book your stay in Philadelphia!
23. PortugalIn Portugal, summer last twice as long because there are so many awesome festivities that stretch into the morning’s early hours. Also, there are a lot of different music festivals on summer in Portugal that cater to all types of music lovers, such as the Meo Mares Vivas Festvial (headliners for this year include John Legend and Lenny Kravitz). Another awesome music festival to experience in this part of Europe is the Sumol Summer Fest, which blends music with surfing and camping. → Click here to book your stay in Porto, Portugal!
24. Arizona, USASedona’s dramatically and wonderfully sculpted red rock, by day, is the main draw for rock climbers, off-road jeepers, mountain bikers and seasoned hikers. But when nighttime sets in, all eyes will be on its breathtaking skies. With an impressive elevation of more than 4,000 feet, Sedona is indeed one of the world’s best places to gaze on celestial wonders like a blue moon. → Click here to book your stay in Sedona, USA!
25. Memphis, USAWith its supremely affordable prices for drinks and food, Memphis makes a great place to spend your vacation, especially if you are on a budget. One of the most underrated summer destinations in the United States, Memphis also has an extensive music scene, and has heaps of intriguing tourist spots, such as the Memphis Zoo, Sun Studio, and the Stax Museum of American Soul Music. → Click here to book your stay in Memphis, USA!
26. CubaThe Unites States, earlier this year, drastically loosened the travel restrictions for Americans heading to this Caribbean island. And as a result, online searches in the US for Cuba travel went up to nearly a whopping rate of 200 percent. Known as the one of the culturally rich summer destinations in the Caribbean, Cuba is teeming with extravaganzas and treats that will put you into a euphoric state. → Click here to book your stay in Havana, Cuba! Start planning your escapade now to any of these incredible summer destinations using Trekeffect! It is free and makes travel planning a lot simpler and easier. Sign up for Trekeffect
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel EssentialsGet all of your essential travel gear right from our store. We hand pick the best travel products. Get everything from luggage to camping gear and other travel accessories for your trip.
Book your flightFind cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodationsIf you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Trekeffect. Our hotel booking system is powered by the Priceline Partner Network and we donate 10% of the hotel booking value to UNICEF to help starving children around the world.
Don't forget travel insuranceProtects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them. - World Nomads (for everyone below 70) - Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Looking for the best companies to save money with?Check out our resource page for the absolute best companies to use when you travel! We list our favorite companies that save people the most money when they travel and we think it will help you too! Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.
Share Your Travel Experiences With Us
We want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on the article? What did you find most interesting and do you have any of your own experiences you can you share with us to make this article even better? Let us know in the comments!