Book your plane tickets, fill up your car’s gas tank and start trying on your eye-catching bathing suits, because spring break is just right in the corner! But, before you start making any travel plans, I suggest that you take a quick look at the dazzling destinations listed below. Whether you are craving for a wild travel experience in Mexico or a luxurious retreat abroad, these informative words of advice will surely make your spring break vacation gleeful and memorable.
El Rey Ruins
Cancun Underwater Museum
Book and save up to 70% today
→ Click here to book your stay in Cancún, Mexico!
[get_treks_content_sc id= 23983]
The world’s ultimate spring break destination
1. Cancun, MexicoWhen college students and travel junkies plan a spring break getaway, the first place that usually pops into mind is Cancun. And frankly, I can’t blame them for picking Cancun, which is fondly tagged as the “Mexican Caribbean” and “Spring Break capital”. With its sizzling party scene, ritzy resorts and beautiful beaches, Cancun is truly a quintessential destination for people who are longing for an epic spring break travel experience. But, there is more to Cancun than its gorgeous beaches, extravagant hotels and electrifying party circuit. In Cancun, after all, has a host of attractions that highlight the cultural heritage of the region, such as
Tropical spring break getaways in AmericaNot all roads, though, lead to Cancun during spring break. And, you don’t have to take the stereotypical path to this Mexican paradise, to experience a memorable spring break vacation. Trust me, there are plenty of spring break destinations in America that are just as fantastic and sunny as Cancun. Want to experience a quintessential tropical spring break beach getaway? Make sure to heed these suggestions.
2. Jaco, Costa RicaDo you love to surf? Then, get a chance to experience some of the world’s best waves in the beautiful waters of Jaco, Costa Rica. → Click here to book your stay in Rome, Italy!
3. Puerto Vallarta, MexicoPuerto Vallarta, with its hidden coves, lush jungles sands and mesmerizing oceanfront beauty, seems like a destination tailor-made for people who are fond of the outdoors. But once the sun sets, this vacation resort turns into a frenzied district oozing with beach parties as well as vibrant clubs and bars. → Click here to book your stay in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!
4. Negril, JamaicaFor a heavy dose of fun and adventure this spring break, head off to Negril, and get a taste of its breathtaking adventures like snorkeling and diving. Of course, a visit to this Jamaican paradise also lets you enjoy the magnificent Caribbean sunset. → Click here to book your stay in Negril, Jamaica!
5. Siesta Key Beach, FloridaWith its warm sparkling waters and laid-back vibe, it’s definitely easy to fall in love with the tropical splendor of Siesta Key Beach. → Click here to book your stay in Siesta Key, FL!
6. Virginia Beach, VirginiaFrom stunning beaches and moderately challenging trekking trails to great eats, Virginia Beach has a fine recipe for an exciting and amazing spring break respite. → Click here to book your stay in Virginia Beach, VA!
7. San Juan, Puerto RicoNot only is San Juan blessed with pristine beaches, but it also is steeped in culture and history.
8. Panama City Beach, PanamaPanama City beach has been a hot-spot for bikini-clad college spring breakers, thanks to its vibrant nightlife and warm beaches. To me, it is a blissful spring break destination that could give Cancun a run for its money. → Click here to book your stay in Panama City, Panama!
9. Myrtle Beach, South CarolinaA godsend for sun-seeking spring breakers, Myrtle Beach boasts over 50 miles of beautiful sands. Plus, it has a load of amusements to offer to everyone, including theme parks, water parks and golf courses. → Click here to book your stay in Myrtle Beach, SC!
Nirvanas for party animalsFor those want to take their spring break parties into hyper-drive, you might want to consider these cities.
10. Las Vegas, NevadaWhen spring break sets in, Las Vegas shifts into a whole new gear, becoming a nirvana for nocturnal travelers and party animals. → Click here to book your stay in Las Vegas! [get_treks_content_sc id= 23081]
11. Miami, FloridaThe party never stops in Miami, especially during Spring Break. → Click here to book your stay in Miami! [get_treks_content_sc id= 23035]
12. New Orleans, LouisianaThe Margi Gras fever may be over, but the party still thumps on Bourbon Street. → Click here to book your stay in New Orleans! [get_treks_content_sc id= 23041]
13. Atlantic City, New JerseyAtlantic City is brimming with casinos and clubs that guarantee to set your nights on fire. → Click here to book your stay in Atlantic City! [get_treks_content_sc id= 24473]
Cruise tripsToo old to party this spring break? No one is too old to party, as far as I’m concerned. But, if your idea of spring break is a relaxing and luxurious vacation, then consider taking a cruise in any of the destinations mentioned below. Cruising not just takes off the stress away from your body, but it also lets you visit a number of amazing destinations in one trip.
14. Honolulu, HawaiiA cruise trip to Hawaii is an absolute must for people whose spring break vacations are extended. Normally, these cruises start at Los Angeles, and take stops in Kauai and Maui as well as Honolulu. → Click here to book your stay in Honolulu! [get_treks_content_sc id= 23332]
15. Nassau, BahamasWith its crystal clear waters, rich culture and terrific weather, a cruise trip to Nassau gives you a delightful slice of heaven on earth. → Click here to book your stay in Nassau!
16. Acapulco, MexicoThe Mexican Riviera is home to Acapulco, which is jam-packed with zesty spring breakers dancing like there is no tomorrow while sipping margaritas. → Click here to book your stay in Acapulco!
The perfect destinations for baseball junkiesAre you a baseball junkie? You might want to take a look at these spring break destinations.
17. Tampa, FloridaWatch the Red Sox and Yankees train and strut off their stuff in Tampa, Florida during Spring Break. → Click here to book your stay in Tampa, FL!
18. Scottsdale, ArizonaScottsdale serves as a spring break training ground for top-notch baseball teams like the Arizona Diamond Backs, Colorado Rockies, and San Francisco Giants. → Click here to book your stay in Scottsdale, AZ!
Ice skiing in springtimeWant to try something different this spring break? Why don’t you try springtime skiing in these incredible places? Skiing in springtime is extremely fun, pleasurable, and best of all, incredibly cheap.
19. Park City, UtahWith its world-class skiing resorts, it’s no surprise Park City has become a home to a number of thrilling ski competitions. → Click here to book your stay in Park City, UT!
20. Whistler, CanadaIce skiing during spring break in Whistler, Canada is a bit warmer and a lot cheaper. → Click here to book your stay in Whistler, BC!
Spring break destinations for those traveling with their familyTraveling with a bunch of kids? Here are great destinations we recommend.
21. Orlando, FloridaOrlando is home to some of the world’s most sought-after theme parks, such as Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. → Click here to book your stay in Orlando, Florida! [get_treks_content_sc id= 23461]
22. Arlington, TexasA few spring breaks ago, Arlington’s iconic Six Flags Over Texas unveiled the Justice League: Battle For Metropolis, a extremely exciting fun-filled interactive 4D ride. → Click here to book your stay in Arlington, TX!
23. Charlotte, North CarolinaOn March 25, Charlotte’s Carowinds Theme Park will debut the tallest giga coaster in the world. → Click here to book your stay in Charlotte, NC!
24. Steamboat Springs, ColoradoKnown as a ski town, Steamboat Springs has a slew of other diversions and activities to offer, besides skiing. Here, your kids can have a blast dressing themselves as cowboys. Likewise, you and your loved can spend some time shopping, schussing, hiking, or relaxing in any of its natural hot springs. On top of it all, a visit lets you experience a breathtaking hot air balloon ride. → Click here to book your stay in Steamboat Springs, CO!
25. Finger Lakes, New YorkFinger Lakes flaunts a collection of delights for spring breakers, including lush parks, awe-inspiring waterfalls, extraordinary museums and charming villages. What’s more, it is home to over a hundred wineries that offer tours and free wine tastings. → Click here to book your stay in New York! [get_treks_content_sc id= 22538]
26. Oakhurst, CaliforniaInscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, Oakhurst is a small quaint town that draws millions of travelers every year , thanks to its abundance of natural wonders. → Click here to book your stay in Oakhurst, CA!
Euphoric European spring break getawaysEurope has a plethora of astonishing destinations to offer to those who want to spend their spring break overseas. Here are a few European destinations that you might want to visit during springtime.
27. Dublin, IrelandVisit Dublin during spring break, and delve into the fascinating Irish culture, by participating in the events of St. Patrick’s Day and National fest of Ireland. → Click here to book your stay in Dublin, Ireland! [get_treks_content_sc id= 22849]
28. Dubrovnik, CroatiaAs a destination, Dubrovnik is quite affordable, and more importantly, drenched in history. → Click here to book your stay in Dubrovnik, Croatia! [get_treks_content_sc id= 23937]
29. Corfu, GreeceFor a crazily fun European spring break experience, visit Corfu, Greece. → Click here to book your stay in Corfu Island!
30. Madrid, SpainIts energetic nightlife and mouthwatering food make Madrid destination an irresistible European destination for spring breakers. → Click here to book your stay in Madrid, Spain! [get_treks_content_sc id= 23991]
31. Paris, FranceParis, nicknamed as “the City of Lights”, normally gets muggy and hot during summer. In spring, however, the weather becomes fairly cool, and the flowers flourish beautifully. → Click here to book your stay in Paris, France! [get_treks_content_sc id= 22542]
32. Val Thorens, FranceVal Thorens, the highest ski resort in Europe, is a terrific place to hone your skills in skiing, especially since it’s moderately serene during springtime. → Click here to book your stay in Val Thorens, France Do you have any other fabulous spring break destinations in mind? Please let your voice be heard, and share to us your opinions via the comment section below. Traveling this spring break? Make your travel planning experience for spring break a breeze by planning your trip with Trekeffect!
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel EssentialsGet all of your essential travel gear right from our store. We hand pick the best travel products. Get everything from luggage to camping gear and other travel accessories for your trip.
Book your flightFind cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodationsIf you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Trekeffect. Our hotel booking system is powered by the Priceline Partner Network and we donate 10% of the hotel booking value to UNICEF to help starving children around the world.
Don't forget travel insuranceProtects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them. - World Nomads (for everyone below 70) - Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Looking for the best companies to save money with?Check out our resource page for the absolute best companies to use when you travel! We list our favorite companies that save people the most money when they travel and we think it will help you too! Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.
Share Your Travel Experiences With Us
We want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on the article? What did you find most interesting and do you have any of your own experiences you can you share with us to make this article even better? Let us know in the comments!