In the world of tourism, we all know Dubai as a luxurious tourist destination best suited for lavish travelers and wealthy socialites. After all, it is an energetic and colorful metropolis with a dazzling collection of world-class shopping centers, upscale restaurants, and ultra-luxurious hotels. But lately, the city has been attracting adventure seekers and outdoor aficionados, thanks to its mind-blowing adventures. Looking for thrilling and adventurous experiences in the city of Dubai? You might want to take a look at these suggestions, and include them to your travel planning app.
1. SkydivingSkydiving is, as far as I’m concerned, the ultimate outdoor experience in the city of Dubai. With this spine-tingling aerial adventure, you get to jump off a plane, and sky dive more than 12,000 feet above the ground, together with a certified sky diving instructor. Aside from the obvious adrenaline rush, this aerial journey will also give spectacular vistas of Dubai and its stunning coastline from a unique perspective. After jumping out from the plane, divers will be treated with panoramic views of the Palm Jumeirah, which is a man-made archipelago with a captivating palm design (when seen above). What’s more, this aeronautical excursion will give bird’s eye panoramas of some of the city’s most celebrated features and landmarks, such as the Burj El Arab, World Islands, Burj Khalife, Dubai Marina, and a whole lot more. → Click here to book your stay in Dubai!
2. SandboardingSandboarding is definitely an activity that you must include to your travel planning app, when it comes to creating an itinerary to Dubai. One of the most sought-after desert sports, sandboarding is a thrilling endeavor that lets you slide down the beautiful sand dunes and slopes in the desert. By the way, there will be an expert guide that will provide instructions and tips for this desert sport. → Click here to book your stay in Dubai!
3. Desert campingThere is no better way to experience the Emirati desert than camping. The way I see it, the Emirate desert is a giant campsite that offers loads of fun and adventure to its campers. In spite of limitations in washroom facilities, hordes of travelers are still lured to the idea of camping in this sandy and beautiful desert. One of the best places to try camping in UAE’s desert is the Shwaib. In just a couple of hours of traveling from the city, you can reach this camp site, set up a tent amidst the sandy dunes, and get ready for a magical evening of eating juicy barbecues underneath the star-rich Arabian night sky. Furthermore, camping here allows you to watch cultural dance performances from tanoura performers. Since the desert area has limited facilities, you might want to bring these items with you, when camping in this part of UAE: → Click here to book your stay in Dubai!
4. KayakingThe Arabian Peninsula’s coast boasts a handful of arenas for sea kayaking, including wetland areas that seem out of place with the humid desert climate. On its west coast, adventurers and kayakers can wander around the mangroves of Abu Dhabi and Um Al Quwain, where they can lay eyes on gorgeous flamingos and turtles. Likewise, kayakers can head off to Khor Kalba, a preserved 150-hectare mangrove forest that lures local wildlife. → Click here to book your stay in Dubai!
5. Off-road adventuresWith its rough gravel plains, wadi beds and sandy dunes, it is no wonder tons of off-road enthusiasts are booking flights to the city of Dubai using their travel planning app. In Dubai, there are local operators that would take travelers out for stomach-churning and spine-tingling dune bashing, with passengers tightly gripping as experienced and competent drivers treat them to an hour or two of skidding down or tearing up steep sands. → Click here to book your stay in Dubai! Open your travel planning app, and plan a trip to this destination, to experience more exciting adventures in Dubai. Of course, plan everything in your trip with Trekeffect! It’s easy, simple and free. Alternatively, you may download this well constructed and informative Dubai travel itinerary! [get_treks_content_sc id= 22941]
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel EssentialsGet all of your essential travel gear right from our store. We hand pick the best travel products. Get everything from luggage to camping gear and other travel accessories for your trip.
Book your flightFind cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodationsIf you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Trekeffect. Our hotel booking system is powered by the Priceline Partner Network and we donate 10% of the hotel booking value to UNICEF to help starving children around the world.
Don't forget travel insuranceProtects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them. - World Nomads (for everyone below 70) - Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Looking for the best companies to save money with?Check out our resource page for the absolute best companies to use when you travel! We list our favorite companies that save people the most money when they travel and we think it will help you too! Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.
Share Your Travel Experiences With Us
We want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on the article? What did you find most interesting and do you have any of your own experiences you can you share with us to make this article even better? Let us know in the comments!