Vacation, for most people, is normally a time for some leisure activities, relaxation and gourmet dining. But, as delightful as it may sound, this is actually a recipe for disaster for fitness junkies as well as to those who are conscious of their figure. As you take your vacation, you will be tempted to exercise less and eat more junk foods and sumptuous calorie-filled dishes. On the bright side, you don’t have to put on hold your fitness goals while you are enjoying your vacation. Today, there are a lot of beautiful destinations and thrilling travel experiences that can help you build strong muscles and torch unwanted fats, even when you are taking a long respite from your hectic busy life. What’s more, the market has a plethora of portable fitness equipment that you can bring during your getaway.
1. Saint Pete Beach – USAThanks to its fantastic setting and location, Florida’s Saint Pete Beach has been a favorite fitness boot camp among bodybuilders and fitness junkies in the USA for decades. With its cool sea breeze, lovely sunshine, fresh air, and powdery white sands, the beach truly has the perfect environment for running, yoga and weight training. As a bonus, working out here offers you an opportunity to take pictures of eye-catching pelicans and joyous dolphins. → Click here to book your stay in St Pete Beach, FL!
2. Ibiza – SpainWorking out may not be the first thing that pops into mind, as you plan a trip to Ibiza. After all, it is a buzzing island best known for its intoxicating parties and wild nightlife venues. But ironically, the island is now lauded as one of the best places to experience a soothing yoga retreat in Spain. Furthermore, the island is home to a slew of resorts with state-of-the-art gym facilities and spa complexes. → Click here to book your stay in Ibiza, Spain!
3. Mount Kilimanjaro – TanzaniaMount Kilimanjaro is, without a doubt, the ultimate vacation destination in Tanzania for campers, fitness enthusiasts and adventure extremist. As you take your vacation in this lofty natural wonder, you get a chance to burn thousands of calories by walking and trekking on one of the world’s highest freestanding mountains. → Click here to book your stay in Zanzibar City, Tanzania!
4. Patagonia- South AmericaPatagonia’s gorgeous glaciers are not only a home to subarctic wildlife like seals and penguins, but they are also a premier destination for ice trekkers. The blue and otherworldly blue shades of its ice will surely leave you speechless, and the flocks of quirky penguins will delight you. More importantly, the challenge of trekking across broad ice sheets will pump up your adrenaline as well as workout all the major muscle groups in your body. → Click here to book your stay in Buenos Aires, Argentina!
5. Venice Beach – USACalifornia’s Venice Beach is a quintessential paradise for bodybuilders and gym addicts. From bodybuilding champion, Jay Cutler, to former WWE superstar Hulk Hogan, countless of fitness icons and celebrities have flexed their muscles in the open gym facilities of this vacation destination. Here, you may build your pectoral muscles and sculpt your arms by working out in any of its gymnastic rings, or develop a strong pair of legs using barbells and equipment. → Click here to book your stay in Los Angeles, USA! [get_treks_content_sc id= 22536]
6. Rio de Janeiro – BrazilRio de Janeiro is home to the Body and Soul Adventures, a blissful rejuvenating mind and body detoxification program that includes massage treatment, yoga, ocean kayaking and rainforest hiking. Moreover, this detoxifying vacation teaches you how to develop a healthy lifestyle through proper diet. → Click here to book your stay in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! [get_treks_content_sc id= 23088]
7. Watamu – KenyaWith its breathtaking white sand beach and crystal clear azure waters, Watamu certainly makes a terrific spot for snorkeling and enjoying leisure activities like beach volleyball and soccer. In addition, the beach hosts wild and intense boot camps that will take your fitness up a notch. → Click here to book your stay in Mombasa, Kenya! Whether you are a dedicated fitness junkie or someone who just wants to stay in tip-top shape, a visit to any of these destinations won’t put your fitness journey on a hiatus during your vacation. So, stop making lame excuses, and plan a trip now to any of these boot camps with Trekeffect!
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel EssentialsGet all of your essential travel gear right from our store. We hand pick the best travel products. Get everything from luggage to camping gear and other travel accessories for your trip.
Book your flightFind cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodationsIf you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Trekeffect. Our hotel booking system is powered by the Priceline Partner Network and we donate 10% of the hotel booking value to UNICEF to help starving children around the world.
Don't forget travel insuranceProtects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them. - World Nomads (for everyone below 70) - Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Looking for the best companies to save money with?Check out our resource page for the absolute best companies to use when you travel! We list our favorite companies that save people the most money when they travel and we think it will help you too! Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.
Share Your Travel Experiences With Us
We want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on the article? What did you find most interesting and do you have any of your own experiences you can you share with us to make this article even better? Let us know in the comments!