Refreshing pieces of Greece you’ll want to take home with you.With an extensive coastline and a plethora of picturesque islands, it is no surprise that Greece is home to a dazzling array of world-class beaches. As the main tourism draws in the country, Greece’s beaches bring an influx of tourists who all want to admire its crystal clear waters and pristine white sands. Known for its natural beauty and scenic ambiance, Greece is truly an ideal destination for beach lovers, divers and water sports enthusiasts. But with so many beaches available, planning a trip to this exquisite country can become a bit overwhelming, especially if it is your first time visiting it. Luckily, this guide will give you insights on some of the finest and most beloved beaches in this destination. Without further ado, here are the best beaches in Greece.
1. Elafonisi BeachBilled as one o the country’s major attractions, Elafonisi Beach is an awe-inspiring lagoon with an intriguing morphology, great views, and tantalizing waters. Furthermore, it has a fine stretch of soft and white sands that would sometimes turn into pink. Besides it amazing scenery, the beach is also known for its vibrant coral life and exotic sea creatures, such as the careta careta turtles. → Click here to book your stay in Crete, Greece!
2. Balos beachWords simply cannot describe the awe-inspiring natural beauty of the world famous Balos beach. Located in Chania, Crete, this idyllic natural beauty is well-known for its crystal turquoise waters and white sand landscape. What’s more, the beach is framed with dramatic mountains and islets. Aside from its natural beauty, this exquisite beach also has a rustic and alluring castle that would add an extra touch of beauty and mystique to the place. → Click here to book your stay in Crete, Greece!
3. Myrtos beachMyrtos is, without a doubt, one of the finest and most beautiful beaches in the world. As a guest in this premier beach, you get to enjoy its crystal clear blue waters, white pebbles and stunning steep cliffs that leave you in awe. On top of it all, it boasts a majestic sunset that you would surely love. → Click here to book your stay in Crete, Greece!
4. Porto Katsiki beachDubbed as the one of the world’s most scintillating wild beaches, the Porto Katsiki beach is a thing of beauty you cannot afford to miss when visiting Greece. From its steep rocks to its thin white sandy landscape, nearly everything you see in this beach is pretty and charming. Besides its wonderful scenery, this beach also strong winds and high waves, making it an ideal beach for surfing, windsurfing and other thrilling water sports. → Click here to book your stay in Lefkada, Greece!
5. Belegrina beachThe Belegrina beach is an idyllic beach nestled in a small secluded island in the southern part of Crete. While this lovely beach is practically uninhabited, it draws hordes of foreign and local tourists who all want to enjoy its pristine water and relax under the beach’s kedros trees. → Click here to book your stay in Crete, Greece!
6. Seychelles beachBilled as one of the country’s major attractions, Elafonisi Beach is an awe-inspiring lagoon with an intriguing morphology, great views, and tantalizing waters. Furthermore, it has a fine stretch of soft and white sands that would sometimes turn into pink. Besides it amazing scenery, the beach is also known for its vibrant coral life and exotic sea creatures, such as the careta careta turtles. → Click here to book your stay in Crete, Greece!
7. Aspri Limni beachAs stunning and pristine as it is, the Aspri Limni is still relatively unknown to many beach lovers and tourists, especially the foreign ones. Surrounded by beautiful rock formations, this small exotic beach has fine white sands, lovely waters, and a gorgeous backdrop. → Click here to book your stay in Crete, Greece!
8. Shipwreck beachThe Navagio Beach, or also known as the Shipwreck beach, is arguably the most famous beach in the country. Known for its shipwreck and romantic ambiance, the Navagio beach is one of the most photographed beaches in Europe. Apart from enjoying its majestic scenery and taking pictures of its shipwreck and natural beauty, you may also swim on its shallow and turquoise blue waters. → Click here to book your stay in Zakynthos Town, Greece! As you can see, there is no shortage of scintillating and pristine beaches in Greece. So, what you are waiting for? Plan your trip to Greece now with Trekeffect! Ciao!
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel EssentialsGet all of your essential travel gear right from our store. We hand pick the best travel products. Get everything from luggage to camping gear and other travel accessories for your trip.
Book your flightFind cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodationsIf you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Trekeffect. Our hotel booking system is powered by the Priceline Partner Network and we donate 10% of the hotel booking value to UNICEF to help starving children around the world.
Don't forget travel insuranceProtects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them. - World Nomads (for everyone below 70) - Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Looking for the best companies to save money with?Check out our resource page for the absolute best companies to use when you travel! We list our favorite companies that save people the most money when they travel and we think it will help you too! Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.
Share Your Travel Experiences With Us
We want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on the article? What did you find most interesting and do you have any of your own experiences you can you share with us to make this article even better? Let us know in the comments!