Still not sure where to take your vacation this 2015? To help you get started, we, at Trekeffect, have picked out the hottest and rising destinations that will surely make some headlines and buzz next year. Some will unveil brand-new attractions and stand proudly in Mother Nature’s limelight, while others will celebrate festivals and host major international events. With 2014 coming to an end, it’s now time for you to get a close look at some of the top destinations in 2015. Make sure to consider these destinations, as you plan a trip for next year’s vacation.
10. OmanMuscat, the capital of Oman, is just a short flight away from the gleaming and flashy city of Dubai, yet it exudes a completely different aura from the “City of Gold”. In fact, arriving in this city feels like a nostalgic walk into the ancient Arabian world. One of the burgeoning tourist destinations in 2015, this ancient graceful city will certainly remind you of the gripping tales from the timeless classic, The Arabian Nights. What to do in Oman
- Visit it historic spectacles - Oman is home to more than 500 towers and forts, which were used as lookout points to stop potential intruders. One of the best historic forts in Oman is the Bahla Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site with over six miles of walls.
- Sightseeing – The rugged mountains and massive desert dunes of Oman offer panoramic natural vistas.
- Outdoor adventures
9. Corsica, FranceCorsica, even though it has been a part of France officially for over a couple of centuries, has a different feel in everything from the mainland, from character and language to cuisine and customs. Its unique aura, however, is what makes this Mediterranean island one of the top and rising destinations in 2015. What to do in Corsican
- Kilimanjaro%20- The Trekking Guide to Africa's Highest Mountain: (Includes Mt Meru And Guides To Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam, Arusha, Moshi And Marangu) (Trailblazer Trekking Guides)Long-distance walking - The island is truly a paradise for nature lovers and trekkers, thanks to its wealth in challenging and awesome walking trails, such as the Grande Randonnee trails and GR20.
- Beach activities – Blessed with a fantastic coastline, Corsica offers a glut of thrilling beach activities to its pilgrims, such as swimming, sunbathing, windsurfing and kite-surfing. Furthermore, a visit on this island gives you an opportunity to enjoy a memorable snorkeling or scuba diving experience.
- Visit the La Maison Bonaparte- It is the historic ancestral home of the infamous Bonaparte Family.
8. Faroe IslandsVacation packages and airline tickets for Faroe Islands have been selling like hotcakes lately, and for a good reason. While these islands are relatively unknown to most people, a dance with total darkness on March 20, 2015 will finally put this secluded archipelago on the radars of the travelers. After all, it is one of the two places on the face of the earth that will experience a total solar eclipse on the said date, when the moon moves between the sun and our planet, sinking daylight into complete darkness. March 20, 2015 is the best time to visit it While this one-of-a-kind astronomical spectacle lasts less than three minutes, travelers may not see and experience anything like it again in their lifetime.
7. Cleveland, USAWith the upcoming revival in its downtown area, it is no wonder a lot of travel junkies consider Cleveland as one of the top destinations in 2015. Historic buildings in Cleveland are being renovated and repurposed. Plus, highly acclaimed hotels like the Metropolitan at the 9, Westin Cleveland Downtown and Downtown Aloft started to welcome guests this year. Plenty of other world-class hotels are expected to follow, as Cleveland braces itself for the Republican National Convention in 2016. Another reason to visit Cleveland There are a lot of other reasons why you should come to Cleveland (such as the Museum of Contemporary Art and Cleveland Institute of Art), but this time, I’ll just give you one, and that is Lebron James. People say he is the best basketball player of all time. Do you agree with them? Watch him play in person in Cleveland, to know the real score behind this claim. → Click here to book your stay in Cleveland, OH, USA!
6. Choquequirao, PeruNicknamed as the mini version of the world famous Machu Picchu, Choquequirao is a remote and awe-inspiring site that is fast becoming a premier tourist hot spot in Peru. Often described as the next “big thing” in Peru’s tourism, this ancient site is praised for its challenging treks and breathtaking natural vistas. When to visit For hikers, the best time to visit Choquequirao is from June to August, which is its dry season. → Click here to book your stay in Cusco, Peru!
5. Chengdu, ChinaFamous for its friendly and lovely pandas, the city of Chengdu has just introduced a no-visa 72-hour policy, making it a bit easier for foreign travelers to swing by one of its three major research facilities for pandas. But, do take note that there is more Chengdu, a booming destination in Asia, than its pandas. As a matter of fact, out-of-towners are recommended to stick around more than three days to get a taste of everything special in this city. When to visit June to October are the best months to catch sight of the city’s charming black and white bears. What to do in Chengu
- Visit the New Century Global Centre – The largest building in the world, complete with an amazing man-made beach.
- A stroll along the Chunxi Road – A shopping street, located right at the heart of the city, dotted with cinemas, arcades, restaurants, QuickBooks%20for the Restaurantbookstores and clothing stores.
- Body and Foot Massage
- Visit People’s Park
- Enjoy the water shows at Tianfu Square
4. Meteora, GreeceMeteora, one of Greece’s most spectacular hidden treasures, is a gorgeous valley of towering dense mountains that have served as a home to ancient hermits and monasteries. One of the top and most intriguing European destinations in 2015, Meteora is a UNESCO World Heritage site that promises to leave you in utter amazement. → Click here to book your stay in Kalabaka, Greece!
3. Milan, ItalyItaly’s most stylish hub will once again be in the global limelight, as it serves as the official Expo 2015 host. From the 1st of May to the 15th of October in 2015, Milan will be showcasing a myriad of enthralling exhibits, such as the 50-plus custom-designed pavilions by the likes of Daniel Libeskind of Norman Foster. When to visit Obviously, during the Milan Expo 2015. Other things to do in Milan
- Museums – The city has a galore of museums, including Pinacoteca di Brera, Hangar Bicocca, Museo d’Arte Paolo Pini, Museo del Duomo, and many more.
- Churches – Milan is home to the oldest and most eye-catching churches in Italy, such as the Duomo, Saint Ambrose and Saint Lawrence.
- Historic Monuments – Palazzo Borromeo, The Castello Sforzesco, La Scala Theatre, and Cimitero Monumentale.
2. Mons, BelgiumMons, the capital of Hainaut, has a scanty population of 93,072 dwellers, but this small Belgian city is expecting more than two million visitors flocking its medieval streets, when the city hosts over a thousand artistic and cultural events next year, as the official 2015 European Capital of Culture. When to visit As 2015’s European Capital of Culture, Mons will have a year-long celebration to delight all its visitors and locals. Highlights of Mons’s year-long celebration
- Art-soaked parties
- A number of public installations
- A trio of multidisciplinary art festivals
- A new luminescent Van Gogh exhibit
- Unveiling of a bunch of new fantastic museums and galleries in April, including the Mons Memorial Museum, and The Artotheque.
1. SingaporeSingapore, one of the most expensive tourist destinations in all of Asia, has a reputation for being dull and pretty in equal measure. But, this modernistic city won’t be boring next year, as it will celebrate its fifty years of independence with vibrant shows, psychedelic parades, youth rallies and mind-blowing fireworks. In addition, the city will unveil a new walkway, which starts from Civic District and ends on Marina Bay. Other reasons to visit Singapore in 2015 Its Golden Jubilee, though, isn’t the only reason why we have listed Singapore as one to the top destinations in 2015. The National Gallery, a long-awaited treasure trove, will finally be unveiled to the public around November. What’s more, the city has a ton of recently opened attractions like the gargantuan Singapore Sports Hub and River Safari, further diversifying and expanding the city’s tourist offerings. → Click here to book your stay in Singapore! I hope this list will help you choose the best destination to spend your vacation or family retreat next year. Trust me, these destinations will give you a blast and a thrill of lifetime. To make your trips in 2015 even more pleasurable and exciting, don’t forget to plan them with Trekeffect!
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel EssentialsGet all of your essential travel gear right from our store. We hand pick the best travel products. Get everything from luggage to camping gear and other travel accessories for your trip.
Book your flightFind cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodationsIf you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Trekeffect. Our hotel booking system is powered by the Priceline Partner Network and we donate 10% of the hotel booking value to UNICEF to help starving children around the world.
Don't forget travel insuranceProtects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them. - World Nomads (for everyone below 70) - Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Looking for the best companies to save money with?Check out our resource page for the absolute best companies to use when you travel! We list our favorite companies that save people the most money when they travel and we think it will help you too! Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.
Share Your Travel Experiences With Us
We want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on the article? What did you find most interesting and do you have any of your own experiences you can you share with us to make this article even better? Let us know in the comments!