Reasons to travel on Valentine’s DayBefore we get things started, let me give a few reasons to travel this upcoming Valentine’s Day. Typical lovey-dovey couples celebrate this holiday with a dinner date on a fancy restaurant with scented candles, amorous music, and an overpriced meal. There is nothing wrong with this tradition, but, to me, traveling during Valentine’s Day is a better and more memorable date. Of course, there are a lot of things that more a bit more romantic than airline food and jetlag, but taking a vacation on Valentine’s Day can improve intimacy as well as help your relationship grow. What’s more, traveling creates a plethora of pleasant of memories that you will cherish for years to come. Trust me, your loved one will appreciate it more than roses, heart-shaped candies and luscious chocolates.
10. Amalfi Coast, ItalyItaly’s Amalfi Coast is blessed with forty three miles of breathtaking coastlines, speckled with scenic quaint villages. Most of these old villages are overlooking the sea from rugged steep cliffs, providing sweethearts with wonderful panoramas of the sea. Furthermore, the coast is brimming with atmospheric luxury hotels, making your Valentine’s Day getaway even more romantic.
Romantic things to do in Amalfi Coast
9. Bali, IndonesiaFor a romantic tropical getaway this upcoming Valentine’s Day, make sure to plan a trip to Bali. For sun-seeking travelers, there is nothing more romantic than Bali’s year-round summer climate, turquoise waters and pristine white-sand beaches.
Romantic things to do in Bali
8. Hong Kong, ChinaHong Kong, even though it is a glittering, diverse and frenetic city, has a number of quiet and cozy places for couples looking for a romantic getaway. Tai O, for instance, which is a fishing town, flaunts a stunning magical backdrop, earning the moniker of “Venice of the East”.
Things to do in Hong Kong during Valentine’s Day
7. Istanbul, TurkeyFrenzied, exotic and supremely unique, Istanbul may not be your first your choice, as you choose a destination for your Valentine’s Day respite. But, the city has a wide range of galleries, shows, exhibitions, and grand mosques to make your Valentine’s Day trip a blissful and special one. Plus, it is home to the Princes’ Island, a small archipelago with a romantic vibe and an old world charm.
Romantic things to do in Istanbul
6. Prague, Czech RepublicLooking for a budget-friendly Valentine’s Day vacation in Europe? Prague, one of most affordable destinations in Europe, has a beautiful romantic setting to offer to couples who are looking for the ultimate romantic getaway this February 14. Here, you get to dine in a fire-lit restaurant serving fine red wines and big plates of comfort food. Then, you may drop by any of its underground bars, or listen to music recital in a candlelit church.
Romantic things to do in Prague during Valentine's Day
5. San Francisco, USASan Francisco is the perfect place to spend your Valentine’s Day holiday, especially if you love good eats, scenic walks and beautiful landscapes. One of the top tourist destinations in the USA, San Francisco has plenty of romantic spots to offer, such as the Mission’s Foreign Cinema Restaurant, Baker Beach, and a whole lot more.
Romantic things to do in San Francisco
4. Santorini, GreeceNo list of the world’s most romantic Valentine’s Day destinations is complete without the inclusion of Santorini. After all, the island of Santorini is one of the most sought-after honeymoon destinations on the face of the earth. With glorious sunsets and an amazing ambiance, a trip to Santorini would sure add more spice and intimacy to Valentine’s Day celebration.
Romantic things to do during Valentine’s Day in Santorini
3. Vienna, AustriaFamed for its waltz dance, parks, avenues and amicable cafes, this Austrian city is indeed a heaven for lovers and dating couples. Here, you may enjoy sipping a cup of hot chocolate at a relaxing café, ride a horse-drawn carriage, and walk through a verdant green park. Its distinctive ambiance also makes Vienna a special hub for romantic couples.
Romantic things to do in Vienna
2. Venice, ItalyWith its ethereal canal-cafes, gondola boat rides, laid-back feel and world-class museums, it is no wonder throngs of travelers spend their Valentine’s Day in Venice.
Romantic things to do in Venice
1. Paris, FranceParis isn’t dubbed as the world’s most romantic city for nothing. From enjoying the lovely scenery in Montmartre to taking a leisurely stroll along the Champs-Elysees, the city of Paris has a slew of romantic pleasures to offer to traveling couples. In Paris, you will definitely feel amour and enchantment permeating the air you breathe.
Romantic things to do in Paris during Valentine’s Day
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel EssentialsGet all of your essential travel gear right from our store. We hand pick the best travel products. Get everything from luggage to camping gear and other travel accessories for your trip.
Book your flightFind cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodationsIf you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Trekeffect. Our hotel booking system is powered by the Priceline Partner Network and we donate 10% of the hotel booking value to UNICEF to help starving children around the world.
Don't forget travel insuranceProtects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them. - World Nomads (for everyone below 70) - Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Looking for the best companies to save money with?Check out our resource page for the absolute best companies to use when you travel! We list our favorite companies that save people the most money when they travel and we think it will help you too! Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.
Book Your Trip: Logistical Tips & Tricks
Shop for Travel Essentials
Book your flight
Find cheap flights using SkyScanner. This search engine is are our favorite, making sure you get the best deal for tickets all over the world. They are great at aggregating flights from multiple providers.
Book your accommodations
If you're looking for a hostel, you should book it with Hostelworld. If you want to stay somewhere else, book with Booking.com. Their hotel system usually offers the best rates out of any provider worldwide.
Don't forget travel insurance
Protects yourself against illness, injury, theft, and even cancellations with travel insurance. You're buying comprehensive protection in case anything goes wrong. We never recommend traveling without it. We’ve been using World Nomads, a great company, with great service and highly recommend them.
- World Nomads (for everyone below 70)
- Travelx Insurance (for those over 70)
Disclosure: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase. We only recommend products and companies we use and the income keeps the community supported.