Reasons to travel on Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day, throughout the years, has truly become a universal celebration of love and romance. And as a traveler, you can find a ton of places from all corners of the world, to celebrate this special day. From North America to Southeast Asia, the world has an endless of selection of romantic getaways where you can spend your Valentine’s Day with your loved one.
Before we get things started, let me give a few reasons to travel this upcoming Valentine’s Day. Typical lovey-dovey couples celebrate this holiday with a dinner date on a fancy restaurant with scented candles, amorous music, and an overpriced meal. There is nothing wrong with this tradition, but, to me, traveling during Valentine’s Day is a better and more memorable date.Of course, there are a lot of things that more a bit more romantic than airline food and jetlag, but taking a vacation on Valentine’s Day can improve intimacy as well as help your relationship grow.
What’s more, traveling creates a plethora of pleasant of memories that you will cherish for years to come. Trust me, your loved one will appreciate it more than roses, heart-shaped candies and luscious chocolates. In this travel guide, we have created a list of the best destinations in which you can celebrate this globally beloved holiday.
1. Amalfi Coast, Italy
Italy’s Amalfi Coast is blessed with forty three miles of breathtaking coastlines, speckled with scenic quaint villages. Most of these old villages are overlooking the sea from rugged steep cliffs, providing sweethearts with wonderful panoramas of the sea. Furthermore, the coast is brimming with atmospheric luxury hotels, making your Valentine’s Day getaway even more romantic.
Romantic things to do in Amalfi Coast
- Enjoy the marvelous scenery of the coast
- Take a short trek uphill in any of its villages, to get a panoramic vista of its sparkling sea
- Explore Positano, and feast your eyes on its striking pastel-colored houses
- Treat your love one with a romantic dinner date in a restaurant that is situated along the sea’s edge, such as Hotel Luna and Lo Smeraldino
2. Bali, Indonesia
For a romantic tropical getaway this upcoming Valentine’s Day, make sure to plan a trip to . For sun-seeking travelers, there is nothing more romantic than Bali’s year-round summer climate, turquoise waters and pristine white-sand beaches.
Romantic things to do in Bali
- Indulge on a rejuvenating couple spa treatment at the Thermes Marins Spa
- Spend a romantic night in one of Bali’s luxurious villas
- To experience something unique and heart-pounding during this holiday, try Bali’s thrilling outdoor activities, such as canyoning, white-water rafting, surfing, scuba diving, and trekking to Mount Batur’s summit
3. Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong, even though it is a glittering, diverse and frenetic city, has a number of quiet and cozy places for couples looking for a romantic getaway. Tai O, for instance, which is a fishing town, flaunts a stunning magical backdrop, earning the moniker of “Venice of the East”.
Things to do in Hong Kong during Valentine’s Day
- Swing by Victoria Peak
- Drop by the Hong Kong Disneyland
- Experience a glamorous Victoria Harbor Cruise
- Soak in the infinity pool and enjoy a special couple spa treatment at IFC Four Seasons Hotel’s rooftop
4. Istanbul, Turkey
Frenzied, exotic and supremely unique, Istanbul may not be your first your choice, as you choose a destination for your Valentine’s Day respite. But, the city has a wide range of galleries, shows, exhibitions, and grand mosques to make your Valentine’s Day trip a blissful and special one. Plus, it is home to the Princes’ Island, a small archipelago with a romantic vibe and an old world charm.
Romantic things to do in Istanbul
- Spend a day in Buyukada, which is the largest islands among Princes’ Islands, and explore its eye-catching Greek Orthodox churches and Byzantine monasteries by a horse-drawn carriage or bike
- Take in the magnificent sunset views of Istanbul from a rooftop terrace like the 5Kat and Ararat Hotel
- Scrub in a traditional Turkish bath together with your significant other
5. Prague, Czech Republic
Looking for a budget-friendly in Europe? , one of most affordable destinations in Europe, has a beautiful romantic setting to offer to couples who are looking for the ultimate romantic getaway this February 14. Here, you get to dine in a fire-lit restaurant serving fine red wines and big plates of comfort food. Then, you may drop by any of its underground bars, or listen to music recital in a candlelit church.
Romantic things to do in Prague during Valentine's Day
- Hold hands with your partner, while watching the snowflakes blow across the Charles Bridge
- Spend an entire afternoon in the secluded Stromovka Park
- Enjoy dinner on the river
- Kiss your loved one while riding the Metro
6. San Francisco, USA
is the perfect place to spend your Valentine’s Day holiday, especially if you love good eats, scenic walks and beautiful landscapes. One of the top tourist destinations in the USA, San Francisco has plenty of romantic spots to offer, such as the Mission’s Foreign Cinema Restaurant, Baker Beach, and a whole lot more.
Romantic things to do in San Francisco
- Walk across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge with your partner
- Dinner at a rooftop bar
- Visit the Conservatory of Flowers
- Enjoy a romantic cruise
7. Santorini, Greece
No list of the world’s most romantic Valentine’s Day destinations is complete without the inclusion of Santorini. After all, the island of Santorini is one of the most sought-after honeymoon destinations on the face of the earth. With glorious sunsets and an amazing ambiance, a trip to Santorini would sure add more spice and intimacy to Valentine’s Day celebration.
Romantic things to do during Valentine’s Day in Santorini
- Make your way to the highly acclaimed vineyards of the island’s flatter side, for a romantic wine tasting escapade, and toast to your loved one over a delightful glass of Retsina
- Sunbathing on the Black Beach
- Eat mouthwatering seafood on a restaurant overlooking the huge volcano during sunset
- Stay in a cozy cave hotel
8. Vienna, Austria
Famed for its waltz dance, parks, avenues and amicable cafes, this Austrian city is indeed a heaven for lovers and dating couples. Here, you may enjoy sipping a cup of hot chocolate at a relaxing café, ride a horse-drawn carriage, and walk through a verdant green park. Its distinctive ambiance also makes Vienna a special hub for romantic couples.
Romantic things to do in Vienna
- Riding a horse-drawn carriage
- Walking while holding hands with your partner at Schloss Schonbrunn
- A romantic river in a restaurant by the Danube River
9. Venice, Italy
With its ethereal canal-cafes, gondola boat rides, laid-back feel and world-class museums, it is no wonder throngs of travelers spend their Valentine’s Day in Venice.
Romantic things to do in Venice
- Taking a gondola boat ride with your other half is by far the ultimate romantic experience in Venice. With this boat ride, you will feel like you have stepped into a romantic film set in the city of Venice
- Experience an evening stroll in St. Marks, and take pleasure in the mesmerizing sight of streetlamps, gorgeous architecture, and the Lagoon’s gleaming waters
10. Paris, France
Paris isn’t dubbed as the world’s most romantic city for nothing. From enjoying the lovely scenery in Montmartre to taking a leisurely stroll along the Champs-Elysees, the city of Paris has a slew of romantic pleasures to offer to traveling couples. In Paris, you will definitely feel amour and enchantment permeating the air you breathe.
Romantic things to do in Paris during Valentine’s Day
- Take a fanciful evening cruise down River Seine, and watch the beautiful sprinkling lights of the city
- Indulge on a fabulous candlelight dinner in a cellar café in Ile D’Orleans.
- Make your way to the topmost part of the Eiffel Tower, for a glorious nighttime view of Paris
- Instead of treating your loved one with a box of chocolates and a bouquet of flowers, impress your valentine with a decadent and one-of-a-kind chocolate spa treatment (available at Four Seasons George V)
Planning to travel on Valentine's Day? Make your travel planning hassle-free and to experience a magical atmosphere, culture, and history of these cities start planning your visit with Trekeffect!
Share Your Travel Experiences With Us
We want to hear from you! What are your thoughts on the article? What did you find most interesting and do you have any of your own experiences you can you share with us to make this article even better? Let us know in the comments!